Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Financials

First things first...The material from the first three seminars is on the website under seminars on the bottom right corner of the page.

Second, this will be the last call to sign up for a mentor. The deadline to sign up is this Friday, April 18th.

O.K. I have had a few questions:
1) If we don't attend all the seminars can we still submit a business plan? The answer is yes! The seminars are highly recommended, but we understand that life happens. If you cannot attend some seminars, we will accept your business plan at the end of May.

2) I have had some questions on where there are some financial templates. There is a great website that goes has pretty much ever financial template you will need for a business plan. The site is http://www.score.org/template_gallery.html. If you can't find what you are looking for there, let me know, I'll try and find one for you.

The last thing I will finish up with is a heads up about the next seminar. We are starting to get into business financials. This is one of the most important part of you business plan. Ultimately you business needs to support itself. If, after calculating your market share, you realize that the business is not going to support itself, that is a success. It is successful in that you have not pumped time, energy, and loads of money into a failing venture. All three - time, energy, and money - are finite, and you need to maximize your use of them all. This business plan will help you do that.

Granted we cannot go through everything in depth regarding the financial aspects of business plans in 2 seminars. However, we will go through the essentials. I encourage you to get a good start so if you have any questions for Craig, you can ask them.

Finally, I cannot attend this next seminar. If you have any questions for me specifically, please email me. I will be checking my email periodically over the next 2 days, so I will respond. Mark Fournier will be there to make things go over smoothly. He can answer any questions you may have as well.

No comments: